Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I have been having such an amazing experience in Oaxaca so far. The scenery is absolutely beautiful, and I have fallen in love with so many children here. One of my favorite experiences so far was being able to communicate with a deaf girl at the orphanage using American Sign Language. I never thought I would have this opportunity, and I feel really lucky for being able to help someone who has such few opportunites to communicate with someone else. This experience was extremely inspiring and I know I will always remember it. There have been so many great adventures so far and I am excited to see what else comes our way.

Here are some other things that I have learned that I thought were worthy enough to share with you guys:

1. Never EVER eat grasshoppers. I thought I was going to die.
2. ALWAYS look down when walking, the sidewalk has a way of jumping out at you.
3. PEPSI > COKE

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are taking it ALL in, Kate--even the grasshoppers. Don't forget to sleep! Fond greetings to all the travelers. It's almost 70 degrees in CT today, so I am less jealous than I expected to be of your weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a blast...I can only imagine if we traveled together.. what fun and perfection (being that we together make the perfect person) would ensue!!! With this weather I may never return to Hartford!!

      Delete
  2. What did the crickets taste like? Did anybody in the group like them? It must be disgusting!

    ReplyDelete