Tuesday, March 22, 2011

another post from john on ms ob's account

happy bday j.o'b !!!!!!!! while mrs neale laughs away the night

plans for the future: work to get enough money to rent a small house in benito juarez, climb up and down the mountain to the ziplines every morning and then work on my game for hours in the atmosphere that nearly killed me and phil,  Come back to the US after a month or so and be as close as I can get to my dream of college basketball.
but besides basketball...
I can't really put into words how much I am still amazed by benito juarez.  I have never been in such a peaceful place, so high in the mountains.  usually when I am going to a new place I get a little anxious about what it will be like and what the people will be like but I somehow knew right away that everything was perfect the moment we started up the mountain.  When I woke up at around 7 the first morning in Benito Juarez, I left the room we were all sleeping in and went to the edge of the mountain and blasted music into my ears.  and even though I knew that the world and everything back home was still under my feet and still with me, it really truly didn't feel like it.  There was something amazing about being in a beautiful place like that; I wanted to stay and sit there for hours, days, months and even years.

For 10 beautiful minutes I was as far away from the ground as I might ever get.  maybe it was the incredibly thin air but up in benito juarez, even though it was just for a night, I felt more at home there than I have ever felt anywhere else.

Nothing else really mattered up there except for the clarity in my head.

"When water is not rippled, it is naturally still.  When a mirror is not clouded it is clear of itself.  There is no such thing as the pursuit of happiness.  Get rid of what muddles you and happiness will spontaneously follow."

happy belated 20th birthday to my big sister Angela (3/17) miss you and I hope you are having fun in college and i got you something really nice

No comments:

Post a Comment