Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Trials and Tribulations of Nick Francalangia, Education Rock Star Part two

Okay, so I´m back. Today went quite well, considering that we had suffered a casualty rate 40%. Kate had thrown up, Matt apparently had his voice stolen by a gremlin, and Will Ritter and Shayna were really vauge about their afflictions, suggesting a healthy dose of Montezuma´s Revenge.

Today´s lessons consisted of Phil, John and I reveiwing all the stuff from yesterday in the most creative ways we could think. If I never have to perform--hell, if I never have to hear--"Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" again, it will be too soon. But what I really wanted to talk about was not the teaching--it was the autographs.

Yeah.
Autographs.

Yesterday, come lunchtime, no sooner did we step out of the classrooms then we were swarmed--swarmed, I tell you-by tiny Mexicans demanding atougraphs. I must have signed over a hundred notebooks, binders, peices of paper, arms, and foreheads in that half hour. It was absurd.

I never want to be famous.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear... I hope all are feeling well enough to enjoy your final days in Mexico. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete