Saturday, March 19, 2011

a letter to ms pelkey

even though i failed miserably in your class two years ago, I have evidence that I have somehow improved in potmaking.  I cannot say the same for my peers who are on the trip, bless their hearts, but after watching a true master of pottery go to work I attempted to make one too.  It didnt turn out too bad and I can probably sell it for millions tomorrow morning at benito juarez.  JOB says we are hiking, ziplining, and watching the benito juarez day celebration.  Although we are sad to leave our homestays, myself in particular (Socorro is having a crazy party right now and Im over here blogging with phil and will), we are all excited to move on and experience more of Mexican culture and history.  Last night we experienced the most famous dances in Oaxacan history including my favorite, La Cañada.  Speaking of dances, phil and i serenaded a mexican club with the most famous and historically magnificent dance, crank that souljaboy.  Right now ms ob is teaching me how to not snap like a freak.  So as you can tell I am learning alot and I am having alot of fun. 

The only sad part is leaving the homestays and not being able to go back and spend more time with the children of Casa Hogar.

We have less than a week left, and although I will be kicking and screaming as señora neale drags me by the hair onto the plane, I am very excited to see all my friends, family, secret admirers and bed back in the states.

This is Phil mitto and i want to say hello to all the followers of this blog and MR. BRACKER

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are all well. Any record of your serenade Phil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping that there was a hidden video camera for these escapades.

    ReplyDelete